Keystone Development Trust is a community resource and support organisation working in the Thetford, Brandon and Mildenhall areas.
As a development trust, Keystone supports and delivers a diverse range of projects and services responsive to the needs of the local community.
The Keystone Development Trust was created in April 2003, evolving from its predecessor, the Keystone Community Partnership. As a development trust, Keystone aims to build community capital in its area. Empowering individuals, groups and communities to tackle needs and issues by creating their own solutions, organisations or enterprises, whilst ensuring services, assets and enterprises anchor collective wealth locally.
Since its inception Keystone has delivered support to communities within its area through a diverse range of projects.
Keystone is currently able to offer expert advice and support to local groups and organisations, affordable space to enable local groups to launch or expand their front-line services; and to share knowledge with other organisations to enable better collaborative working and reduced duplication and greater impact for people within our community.
We have achieved much of this already, with projects such as:
• The Annexe at Riversdale rough sleepers’ facility
• The Community Fridge at Abbey Neighbourhood Centre
• COVID-19 support service for the most vulnerable people in the Community
• Enabling local parents to launch a Youth Group with our expertise alongside them
• Keystone is also responsible for the renovation of the Riversdale Centre and will manage it when it re-opens.
Keystone is supported to manage and deliver its projects by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers. Keystone’s Board of Trustees oversees the objectives of the organisation.