Stop Smoking Service
Keystone Development Trust’s META Stop Smoking team currently cover the Lithuanian, Polish and Russian speaking communities. Although based in Thetford, they can also provide support in neighbouring towns and communities across the Keystone area.
META delivers a Level 2 Stop Smoking Service, commissioned by the Public Health department at Norfolk County Council. The service operates five days a week and is staffed by NHS-trained advisors who are themselves migrant workers.
- Discuss the effects of smoking and of quitting smoking with clients.
- Assess each client’s dependence on smoking.
- Help clients to set a quit date.
- Provide emotional and behavioral support and advice throughout the quit process.
- Work on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Ensure clients are fully informed on the range of products that can help them quit smoking.
Clients can refer themselves to the service or can be referred by other agencies and healthcare organisations.
Please call us on 01842 768300 to book an appointment to see an advisor at Abbey Neighbourhood Centre, Exeter Way, Thetford IP24 1EE.
(The above links are to the NHS smokefree website)