REFURBISHED BIKES: MEN’S SHED
Please click HERE to see the bikes currently for sale on E-Bay, we have more in our Men’ Shed shop at 53 York Way.
Our stock ranges from small childrens’ bikes all the way through to adults bikes for both on and off road cyclists
Come along and see our range of refurbished bikes
Prices start from £25 for refurbished bikes.
All refurbished bikes come with a 14 day warranty.
Tel: 01842 821643
Each bike we prepare goes through a system of checks and processes as set out below:
Stage 1 – The Assessment:
- Put bike in stand.
- Check frame and forks for damage and alignment.
- Check tyres for cracks and any other signs of perishing. If ok and not clearly punctured, fully inflate.
- Give it a whirl (where possible). Lubricate all points, assess any major wear and damaged or seized components or accessories.
- Remove any broken/superfluous components, parts or accessories.
- Spin wheels. Check trueness and for any broken/damaged spokes. Assess condition of rims for buckles, dents and wear to braking surface. Check hubs for smooth running and straightness of axle/skewer.
- Check headset and bottom bracket for play and smooth running.
- Attempt to operate gears and brakes. Assess.
- Any other specific requests.
Stage 2 – The Strip:
- Remove chain (if necessary).
- Remove any damaged/worn/seized cables and brake pads.
- Remove wheels.
- Remove any other worn/damaged/to-be-replaced components.
- Remove any worn/damaged/to-be-replaced contact points – saddle, pedals, grips, handlebar tape etc.
Stage 3 – The Clean:
Once we know that nothing else is coming off the bike, we clean the frame, components and wheels. This is essential for the smooth running of your bike. We always clean by hand, using a biodegradable citrus degreaser, and no water. We will also remove any rust spots, paint marks and scratches where possible.
Stage 4 – The Rebuild:
- Replace tubes, tyres and/or wheels (as necessary).
- Adjust/overhaul hubs, replace axles/skewers and any broken/damaged spokes (as necessary).
- True wheels.
- Adjust/overhaul/replace headset and/or bottom bracket (as necessary).
- Fit any new major components.
- Refit any removed components.
- Fit any new cables or brake blocks.
- Refit wheels.
- Refit/replace and measure chain if removed.
- Replace pedals, saddle, grips, handlebar tape (as necessary/requested).
- Check/secure/replace any extra fittings, racks, mudguards etc.
- Fit any requested lights/accessories/extras.
- Anything else required.
Stage 5 – The Tune:
- Check/reposition/secure handlebars, stem, headset, seat post, saddle.
- Check/adjust/tune operation of gears – this includes setting the range, alignment and position of the derailleurs and adjusting the position of the rear derailleur hanger if necessary.
- Check/adjust/tune brakes – this includes repositioning and ‘toeing in’ of the brake pads to reduce/eradicate squeal.
- Road test.
- Adjust height and angle of saddle and handlebars on delivery if required.